I am a psychotherapist and licensed as a clinical social worker (LCSW) in New York and New Jersey and received an M.S. from Columbia University and a master in public administration from New York University. My office is located at Columbus Circle in Manhattan.
My clinical orientation comes from the neurobiological point of view in counseling with the belief that we can change our brains to achieve a more satisfying life. In addition, attachment theory or how we are connected or mis-connected to others is also an important part of my approach to this work.
The attachment oriented approach and the neurobiology of interpersonal relationships naturally drew me into the field of trauma, depression, anxiety and sex therapy. Sex comes up a fair amount in the couples work I do as does the attachment challenges for the couple. In childhood our nervous system has to adapt to sometimes less than optimal environments. The adaptations helped get us through our challenging childhood but can cause communication difficulties in our adult relationships. I also have over ten years experience in one of New York City’s largest and most comprehensive infertility treatment centers.
I have completed training programs through the following organizations:
- National Institute of Psychotherapies
- Washington Square Institute
- New York Center for Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Sex Therapy Postgraduate Training Institute of New York
- American Association for Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists
- EMDR International Association
- Institute for Applied Neuroscience, EEG Education and Research
In addition to NYS and NJ state licensure I have the following certifications:
- Certified sex therapist by American Association for Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists
- Certified therapist in EMDR by EMDR International Association
I am also trained in Emotionally Focused couples therapy and Neurofeedback.